Hoothoot Bats

Home Forums Tournaments Hoothoot Bats

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Phinnegan Lynch Phinnegan Lynch 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Gabe1245
    Participant

Hoothoot bats is a weaker but more affordable way to play item lock and can be quite effective. Hoothoots attack costs two colorless energy and its attack “Proclaim The Night” blocks of all items from your opponent. Since most decks in the format at this time are almost if not more than half item cards this tactic can be very useful against decks like Night March which specialize in using massive amounts of items to propel their way to victory. Though “Proclaim The Night” does no damage thats when the Zubat, Golbat, Crobat line come into play. Golbats “Sneaky Bite” and Crobats “Surprise Bite” are very strong methods of dealing damage to your opponents Pokemon. The implementation of Super Scoop Up And Devolution Spray helps to devolve and evolve the bat line to continue to hammer them with “Sneaky Bite” and Surprise Bite” This deck is also run with crushing hammer and enhanced hammer to keep your opponent in check and attempt to deplete there resources with disruption cards.

Sample List
    4x Hoothoot/ 4x Sycamore/ 2x Az/ 4 Double Colorless Energy
    4x Zubat/ 3x N/ 2x Assault Vest/ 4 Water Energy
    4x Golbat/ 2x Lysandre/ 3x Devo Spray/
    3x Crobat/ 4x Vs Seeker
    1x Bunnelby/ 4x Crushing Hammer/
    2x Shaymin/ 2x Enhanced Hammer/
    1x Seismitoad/ 4x Super Scoop Up/
    3x Team Flare Grunt/

The Deck has several weakness like not dealing enough damage so 1 copy of Toad will help deal more damage as well as its attack Quacking Punch locks your opponent out of items items as well so the item lock pressure will almost always be in effect. The Deck is very solid against night march,the reason is night march can barley function without items so that is a very favorable match up that should be an easy win. Another reason this deck works well against Night March which is expecting to be huge at worlds are the bats line. Joltik and Pumpkaboo are very flimsy Pokemon and since they cant attach fighting fury belt which gives basic Pokemon 40 more hp which they are both basics the bats can snipe them off the bench or the active to deplete there attackers. This deck pretty much looses to every other deck so I would only play it if you know there is gonna be a huge amount of night march at worlds.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  Gabe1245.

Gabe1245
    Participant

the deck list looks very ugly my apologizes when I made it it did not look like that sorry -_-

Gabe1245
    Participant

the reason there are no ultra ball is because the deck burns through its resources fast cause of 3 sycamore and 3 n and its just not needed

Gabe1245
    Participant

o and ultra ball is overrated

Gabe1245
    Participant

lol jk i just forgot to put it in i am very sorry i wont forget to put ultra ball in again lol

Phinnegan Lynch
    Phinnegan Lynch
    Keymaster

Hey Gabe, thanks for posting in the forums! Next time you might want to put a topic like this under deck building. If you want to make a post in there instead, you might get some more views and opinions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.